ow wuldn it b lovvvly

happy May everyone! somehow the beginning of the year is zoooming by at lighting speed… though we STILL don’t have leaves on trees yet!!! which means i _still_ not out of the wood hiding.. lasted the month of april with ninja mask looking conspicuous on the street.. Anywho, i discovered the trees are probably 25% of my trouble, the other 75% is the AC.. got a nasty dosage of it in DC a bit over a week ago in a superbly productive meeting.. and i still (maybe) recovering… maybe coz i might have to go under the med as soon as tomorrow… damn AC…
So, partly due to that i’ve been avoiding going outside until them flowers gone.. and thus missed a bunch of very nice concerts including *this* one (check out all the lovely instruments behind her! though wouldn’t have made it due to meeting in DC)

©Clive Granger

Jennifer Rivera as Penelope, Boston Baroque ©Clive Granger

Unrelatedly, thanks to Stray i’ve been treated to a nice dosage of looovely Countess from a certain MET radio broadcast from looong time ago… and while waiting for the next batch, i browsed yt for some other take and ended up here (actually it was this song that got me watching the entire Vivica Genaux’ “voice from the cold” movie that started my opera passion…).  Anyhow, wonderful music to start May! (and my first krack at Dame Kiri!)


About thả diều
writing-challenged opera-addict

5 Responses to ow wuldn it b lovvvly

  1. Eyesometric says:

    Your trees must be very peculiar as, I note, your temperatures have been rising steadily for a while. It must be miserable for you dreading Spring each year – when does it improve for you?
    That New Zealand/Cockney song is priceless!

    • thả diều says:

      good “morning” Eyes :-). I’m retracing my photos from 10.may.2011 and 10.may.2012 , so we still have another 5 days to go to see if them leaves will be like that..and whether my system can decide which way it should go… I figure out Apr-May is a particularly tricky time because (a) it’s still generally quite freezing in Boston for some reason (even though that temperature trend you saw said otherwise.. i saw people with down jackets again last week, and the department switched the heater back on…), and (b) many $#$#!*&^ places switch heater to AC at exactly mid April.. and that combo is simply not compatible with me 🙂 . This year i was so sure got it sorted out that i (i) brought in a heater, (ii) brought fleece blanket + down jacket + thermal undies to the office.. and was so sure i could combat it.. until that (*&#$%# hotel conference room in DC last week.. we had a full-grown American guy confessing he had to put on his thermal undies and guys from Norway + Alaska wearing sweaters(!) and blowing their nose so it’s not just my system over-reacting to the refrigerator.. Miraculously every year around now I fly to Europe and got completely cured, looooove humidity + sweating, there’s nothing more free and exhilarating than entering a waaaarm opera haus without worrying about freezing (still remembering well that 12.may.2012 event :-)).

  2. Eyesometric says:

    That was your Staatsoper Capuleti? and another European escape imminent?

    • thả diều says:

      i can already smell south france… 🙂
      (ps- i came in Capuleti fully congested with puffy eyes + noses, came out *completely* cured! ;-))

  3. stray says:

    Sorry to have missed that Ulisse, I bet it was great. We have some slight tufts of green on the trees, but the temp has been flat low 60’s and low 40’s at night. At this rate, Dr T, you will be safely in the south of France before anything blooms around here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s